New Patient Appointment
When becoming a new patient of Dr Mary’s, you will be asked to fill out a health history questionnaire with your chief complaints online, then we will book you an appointment to come into our office to do a full comprehensive wellness and hormone blood panel. This is all done before coming into the office to be seen by the Dr, she will then look at everything as a whole and be prepared to dive in further with you when you have your new patient appointment. We look forward to helping you feel your best.
Symptoms disappear when the root cause is addressed.
FAQ For New Patients
Do you take insurance/ why don’t you take insurance?
Our goal isn’t to just treat your symptoms—we strive to heal the root cause of your symptoms, so that you can go back to living your life free of limitations and doing what you love. We know what is best for our patients; this does not currently line up with what insurance companies are willing to cover. Healthcare is in need of higher-integrity, patient-oriented, physician-led, alternative model of healthcare whose very foundations are built upon complete alignment of patients’ interests with those of their healthcare provider. Our patients that do have insurance (other than Medicare or a Medicare replacement policy) can request a super bill and submit it themselves to their insurance companies to see if they can be reimbursed, or if it can be credited toward their deductible.
Can I submit a super bill to Medicare (or a Medicare replacement policy)?
We have OPTED OUT of Medicare. Opt-out providers have signed an agreement to be EXCLUDED from the Medicare program. They do not bill Medicare for services you receive.
You should NOT submit a reimbursement request form to Medicare for costs associated with services you received from an opt-out provider. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the entire cost of care when seeing an opt-out provider.
How much is a new patient appointment?
A new patient appointment is $425. The day you book the appointment, we collect a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $225, and then we collect the remaining $200 the day you actually come in for your appointment.
What is included in the New Patient Appointment?
Your initial visit in the office will last roughly 90 minutes to 2 hours. During that time, we will have you fill out some check in paperwork, collect a urine sample- which we will do every time- it’s how we check your vitamin C levels and your acidity. Then you will get a new patient work up with one of our Medical Assistants. This includes vitals, weight and BMI, a heart rate variability test (this shows the Dr. how your body responds to stress- fight or flight mode), and a mineral taste test. When all this has been completed, the doctor will come into the exam room and do a physical examination. Then you will go with the Doctor into her office- she will have already looked at your lab results and your health history that took you so long to fill out online. She will go over all your lab results with you, and address the top 3 health concerns that you have indicated on your health history. At this time, she may order further labs tests or recommend supplements or IV treatments in the office. If she feels there is a great need for a prescription, she will do that for you during your appointment as well. Depending on your health needs, she may want to see you back in the office for a follow up visit in about 4-6 weeks.
How much is a follow up visit and what does that entail?
A follow up visit is $190 and is usually about an hour in the office. We will collect your urine sample (every time you come to the office!) and have you fill out the check in paperwork. The Medical Assistant will get your vitals and then the Doctor will bring you into her office to go over how you’ve been doing on your supplements, and/or review results from any additional lab tests she had ordered. Based on how you are feeling and any lab results, she may adjust your supplements or any medications that she put you on at your last appointment.
Does the Doctor do Telehealth appointments for new patients?
We do not do Telehealth appointments at all, we do offer phone consults for current patients. The phone consults are $65/15 minutes. As a general rule ALL new patient appointments must be done in the office.
Can I come in and get an IV (or any other treatment) if I have tested positive/have symptoms/been exposed to Covid- 19?
No. We will email you the FLCCC protocol the Dr is recommending for all her patients to follow.
Does the Doctor prescribe Ivermectin?
As with all medications, the doctor will have to have a consult with you (via phone- if you’ve been seen in the office within the last year) or IN the office if it has been more than one year since your last IN OFFICE visit. The doctor will evaluate you and prescribe the right medication for you based on your symptoms
What kind of hormone treatment options do you do at the office?
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a method by which you may restore your hormone levels to those of a more youthful stage of life. Bio-identical means the substance is structurally identical to your own human hormones. Thyroid, testosterone, estrogen and progesterone are a few of the hormones that work together like the instruments of a symphony to create your wellbeing. When imbalanced, the music is out of tune and symptoms result. BHRT reestablishes the balance and symptoms go away. BHRT can be provided by creams and pills which work well enough for many individuals, however, research is suggesting that the most physiologic application of BHRT is by pellet therapy.
TYPES OF BHRT
- BHRT may be provided by daily application of creams, gels, oral troches, pills, weekly injections or by hormone pellet insertion 2-4 times yearly. Dr. Migliori is well versed in all techniques of BHRT and will prescribe each patient what type of BHRT they want. The BHRT cream can be applied transdermally or transvaginally on a daily basis. Progesterone and testosterone are important to balance estrogen levels. Progesterone is prescribed as a sustained release pill at bedtime while testosterone is prescribed as a cream, injection or pellet.
WHAT ARE BHRT PELLETS?
- BHRT pellets are tiny cylinders of crystalized testosterone or estrogen that are easily inserted under the skin. Blood vessels develop around the crystalline pellets drawing nanoparticles of hormone into the bloodstream as needed by the body. Hormone pellets have been recommended by doctors since the early 1900s.
BENEFITS OF BHRT PELLETS OVER CREAMS AND INJECTIONS
- BHRT pellet therapy is considered by many researchers to be the most physiologic way to restore hormone levels. Pellets are placed once every 3-6 months and provide a balanced level of hormone according to the body’s needs. In comparison, daily application of creams/gels or painful injections provide peaks and valleys of hormone depending on the time of use. This is not physiologic! Do you remember the energy, clarity, spontaneity, strength and libido you experienced in your 20s? BHRT pellet therapy is the answer for regeneration while aging.
HOW DO BHRT PELLET IMPLANTS WORK?
- Testosterone and estrogen pellet implants work by restoring hormone levels for optimal health. The pellets are simply placed under the skin and provide constant low doses of the same exact hormones your body used to make. Pellets have been proven to be the most effective in terms of absorption, and availability. Unlike creams, gels or injections; the pellets provide more consistent levels over a longer period of time.
HOW ARE BHRT PELLETS INSERTED INTO YOUR BODY?
- BHRT is a short, simple in-office procedure using local anesthesia. Dr. Migliori will insert the pellets into the fatty layer just beneath your skin. In men and women, a tiny incision is made in the upper buttocks area. The process is painless and takes just a few minutes.
How much do the pellets cost?
Pellets are $400 for women, placed every 3-4 months, based on how long they last in your body; and $800 for men, placed every 5-6 months. We do REQUIRE you to get labs 1 month after your pellet appointment at least 2x/year for women and 1x/year for men. This is so we can verify that your body is receiving the correct dosage.
I just got my labs done at my PCP, can I send them over to you so I don’t have to come in and get new patient labs?
How old are your labs? If they are older than 6 months, we will require new labs before the doctor will see you. If your labs are less than 6 months old, we need copies of them no later than 2 days after you make your appointment. After we review them and we will let you know if we need any additional labs. The labs must be drawn as soon as possible so we can have results back before your appointment with the Doctor.